Scholarship Competition for Veterinarians by the WSAVA Global Pain Council
The WSAVA Global Pain Council (GPC) is pleased to announce an exciting new program: “Teach the Teachers” (TtT). This is an annual scholarship competition for veterinarians
Make sure you read these documents to fully understand the program and application process.
“Teach the Teachers” is a program created by the WSAVA-GPC that includes a scholarship competition for veterinarians and another for veterinary technicians/nurses. This proposal includes details for the competition for veterinarians.
The program is divided into two phases. In Phase I, the selected candidate (trainee) will travel to one of the host locations in order to be trained and educated on the subject of small animal pain management. In Phase II, the trainee will return to his/her country of origin and propagate the knowledge by organizing and giving courses on this subject to local veterinarians and their associations. The program is completed at the end of Phase II when the trainee will receive a certificate. Details are provided below.
Candidates will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Be a graduate of veterinary medicine and have a permit/license to practice Veterinary Medicine in their country of origin. Preference will be given to individuals from Tier 1 and 2 countries according to the WSAVA Tier Information. The WSAVA-GPC is committed to gender equality and minorities.
- Be allowed to travel internationally (valid passport) and be available to commit to a minimum of 8-12 weeks of training.
- All candidates must have a moderate level of written and spoken English.
- French, Spanish, Italian, German or Japanese-speaking candidates might be considered depending on the host location.
- Priority will be given to candidates with demonstrated interest in pain management and previous experience on teaching or those who could become KOL in the subject.
- Preference will be given to candidates from a WSAVA member association.
Login to see more details about this role....