Vision, Mission & Objectives
The Hellenic Veterinary Medical Society (HVMS) is one of the oldest Scientific Societies in our Greece. It was founded in 1924 and its scientific journal was first published in 1926.
The Hellenic Veterinary Medical Society publishes a quarterly scientific journal called "Journal of the Hellenic Veterinary Medical Society - J Hellenic Vet Med Soc", organizes Congresses, Seminars, Meetings and is a major participant in the Continuing Education programs aiming in the continuous training of Greek veterinarians.
The Hellenic Veterinary Medical Society is governed by a 9 member Executive Board which is elected every 3 years and has 3 branches:
- Veterinary Branch of Companion Animal Practice.
- Branch of Veterinary Public Health.
- Veterinary Branch of Farm Animal Practice.
The HVMS collaborates with the Higher Educational Foundations, the Technological Educational Institutes, the National Veterinary Services, the Army Veterinary Forces (military Canine Units) and other Scientific Societies and the Greek and Foreign Chambers.
The HVMS is member of the:
- World Veterinary Association (WVA).
- International Sheep Veterinary Association (ISVA).
- World Association for Buiatrics (WAB).
- World Small Animal Veterinary Association (WSAVA).
- European Federation of Food Science and Technology (EFFOST).
- Federation of European Companion Animal Veterinary Association (FECAVA).
- Balkan and Black Sea Veterinary Association (BABSEVA).
- International Association of Veterinary Editors (IAVE).
Many members of the HVMS have been distinguished in their respective scientific field (Academia, Research Institutes), in the Public Administration, in the Army Forces, as well as in the Professional Veterinary Societies and Chambers, in Greece and abroad.