Do you want free access to BSAVA Congress from the 4th - 7th April 2019 in Birmingham? Does attending next year’s Congress in Birmingham exceed your budget, but you would still like to go? Well, then this might be just right for you:
To improve the understanding and communication of companion animal practitioners in Europe, the British Small Animal Veterinary Association (BSAVA) organises an annual visiting program to allow four members of emerging small animal veterinary organisations which are members of FECAVA, the opportunity to attend BSAVA Congress, which takes place in April in Birmingham, England.
The invitation includes:
- Free access to the BSAVA Congress 2018
- 5 nights hotel accommodation (Wednesday to Monday) for the duration of congress
- Free access to evening functions (reception for overseas delegates, president’s ball, party night) and
- Some expenses to cover travel costs to Birmingham, reimbursed on attendance for up to four companion animal practitioners.
The visiting delegates will additionally be entitled to a free 1 year BSAVA Overseas E-membership, which gives whole range of membership benefits and discounts for which further details can be found at:
The invitation does not include visa cost or money spent on personal items. A grant agreement document would outline the benefits and obligations to successful applicants.
BSAVA is looking ideally for four companion animal veterinarians (qualified between 3 and maximum 7 years), who would otherwise not be able to attend this unique event. Applications can be made as individuals or as a group.
Ideally working in private companion animal practice, applicants must be registered with the relevant governing body in their country similar to the RCVS in the UK.
They need to be able to speak and understand English to a sufficient level to be able to benefit from the lectures. Candidates must be eligible for a UK visa if they come from a country outside the European Union.
Interested parties are invited to send a formless application in 250- 500 words to: Krista Arnold Dr.Med.Vet. MRCVS: email@example.com
- describing their professional background and a brief explanation about how their professional work would benefit from a visit to next year's BSAVA Congress. The application should be accompanied by a letter by the relevant country FECAVA director that confirms that the applicant is a member of the countries association who is a member of FECAVA.
All applications have to be received by 31st July 2018 to be considered by BSAVA’s International Affairs Committee.
The committee’s decision will be final and the selected visitors will be informed before 31st October 2018, to leave enough time to allow for travel and – if necessary – visa arrangements.
The invitees will attend congress as a group of scholars and would be expected to participate all 4 days of congress, and in official events and receptions during Congress and meet and inform British colleagues about the life of companion animal veterinarians in their part of Europe.