Address: c/o 75A
Akinola Cole Crescent
Off Adeniyi Jones Avenue
Telephone no: +234-8033061214
Tier: Tier 1
President: Dr. Kunle Abiade
Rep: Dr. Olatunji Nasir
Vision, Mission & Objectives
SAVAN was formed in 2015 and assumed the associate membership of WSAVA that same year. The Full membership status has just been granted during the 43rd Annual WSAVA Congress in Singapore.
SAVAN is currently been administered by a five member Steering Committee lead by Dr. Kunle Abiade as its President, Dr. Olatunji Nasir as Vice President, Dr. Emmanuel Adeaga, Secretary, Dr. Aziz Nedum, the Treasurer and Dr. Bolu Sarumoh, Public Relations Officer.
Its offices are situated at 75A Akinola Cole Crescent, Off Adeniyi Jones Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos Stete and contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Its objectives are as listed
1. To create fraternity amongst small animal veterinary clinicians
2. To increase the technical output of practicing small animal veterinary clinicians by
way of organizing seminars, workshops and other types of training.
3. To set a code of conduct for the small animal vet clinical practice (with ourselves and clients)
4. To jointly set up facilities that might take clinical work more meaningful such as
establishment of laboratory, x-ray and allied facilities.
5. To organize pet shows and allied activities.
6. To jointly and severally assist other members that might be having challenging
clinical cases in their establishments.
7. To educate the public on small animal veterinary clinical activities through all information media and public lectures.
8. To protect the interest of the members
9. To encourage the enactment and enforcement of laws that are beneficial to the
veterinary clinical small animal practice.
10. To compile all seminar proceedings and minutes of clinical discussions into a journal to be known as “Nigeria Small Animals’ Compendium
Priorities for the Upcoming Year
- Regional Continuing Education Programs in Uyo and Abuja.
- Mentorship visits to University of Abuja and University of Nigeria, Nsukka .
- Third SAVAN Conference June, 2019 in Abuja, Nigeria, with the theme “Expanding your Practice Frontiers”.
- Sequel meetings to one care workshop with focused groups.
- Expected twinning of some members’ hospitals with practices in the United States being facilitated by AFSCAN.
- Launching of website in the first quarter of 2019.
- Strengthening participation in antirabies campaign activities with organizations having similar objectives.
- Domesticating WSAVA Animal Welfare guidelines.
- Creating and launching of standards for accreditation of members’ practices.