Financial Advisory Committee
The Financial Advisory Committee (FAC) is a sub-committee of the WSAVA Executive Board (WSAVA EB) with membership comprised of both WSAVA EB members and Assembly members. Nominations for this position must be approved by the WSAVA EB and voted on by the Assembly. The maximum term of office for FAC Chairman or committee member is 5 years.
- The FAC was set up to do the following:
- To undertake analysis of any aspect related to WSAVA financial management and make recommendations to the WSAVA EB.
- To review the annual budget for consideration by the WSAVA EB.
- To oversee that the financial management is in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, standards and best practice guidelines.
- To oversee the WSAVA’s investment policy and management strategy.
- To oversee the WSAVA’s asset policy and management strategy.
- To consider the appropriateness of the WSAVA’s accounting policies and principles, ensuring that they are in accordance with the stated financial reporting framework.
- To evaluate the annual audit.
- They report to the Executive Board and the General Assembly.
- Helping keep the WSAVA Sustainable.
- The FAC committee will review the financials quarterly and every six months will have a discussion on the state of the WSAVA Financials.
Executive Board Liaison