You can narrow your search by one of these filters.
64, L. Riankour Str
Tier: Tier 3
President: Prof. Tim Rallis, DVM, PhD
Rep: Dr. Ben Albalas, DVM, PhD
Telephone no: +30 6972 186181
Our Society was founded in 2009 and has since been the only veterinary society in Greece dedicated exclusively to companion animal medicine.
In 2010 the HCAVS numbered 150 members. Today, five years later, the HCAVS has 1020 active members.
Its annual scientific activities include:
- A Pan-Hellenic Veterinary Companion Animal Forum with pre-congress wet labs and international participation.
- A road show of advanced regional 2-day courses that travel in 5 cities around Greece.
- A scientific day-conference each fall.
Since 2012 HCAVS publishes the "Hellenic Journal of Companion Animal Medicine", a bilingual (Greek-English) scientific journal targeting targeting the veterinarians who engage exclusively in small animal clinical work.
As a scientific society, our goal is to educate and train Greek practitioners by presenting and transmitting the latest scientific knowledge and achievements. We dedicate our presence to providing continuing education to our members who in turn will promote and provide proper companion animal care around Greece and improve the small animals? general status and welfare.
Being an exclusive Companion Animal Veterinary Society, our vision is to:
- Provide the best scientific knowledge and training to our members and veterinary students in general and assist them to fulfil their professional goals.
- To promote animal welfare in our society and give the opportunity to our members to further educate the general public on the benefits of a responsible animal ownership.
- To support research studies in the Hellenic Veterinary Schools and publicize scientific advancements for the wellbeing of small animals.
- To provide, by being part of the veterinary global family, our members the opportunity to participate in scientific events worldwide and benefit from the exchange of scientific knowledge.
Annual Report (PDF)