You can narrow your search by one of these filters.
Address: PO Box 100126
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences
College of Veterinary Medicine
University of Florida
Gainesville FL 32610-0126
Region: The Americas
Tier: Tier 3
President: Dr. Jolle Kirpensteijn
Rep: Dr. Jolle Kirpensteijn
The Veterinary Society of Surgical Oncology was founded in 2005 with the goals of bringing together veterinary surgeons with a clinical focus of surgical oncology and other specialists in veterinary oncology. Although the founders of this society are ACVS founding fellow of surgical oncology, our membership has grown to include veterinary students, surgeons in training, general surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, veterinary pathologists and MDs. We are now over 300 members strong with members from all corners of the globe. The VSSO is an inclusive society that welcomes new members with a strong interest in surgical oncology.
Specific Objectives of the VSSO:
- Encourage and promote clinical research trials in surgical oncology.
- Encourage and facilitate the publication of research trials at professional meetings and in veterinary and human journals.
- Facilitate communication between veterinary surgeons whose primary interest lies in oncology,Improve methods of surgical treatment for animals with cancer, either alone or with a multidisciplinary approach.
- Promote and encourage mutual collaboration between veterinary surgeons with a special interest in surgical oncology and other branches of oncology.
- Encourage and promote education in surgical oncology for professional veterinary students, graduate students and house officers, and graduated veterinary surgeons.
Annual Report (PDF)