You can narrow your search by one of these filters.
Tier: Tier 1
President: Dr. Edgardo Unson
Rep: Dr. Edgardo Unson
- The Philippine Animal Hospital Association, Inc. (PAHA) has been in existence since 1978. However, it was only registered and approved by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on December 24,1987. It is registered as a non-stock non-profit organization with the SEC.
- Membership is institutional in nature.
- The Board of Trustees is elected every year on the last Monday of September of each year.
- There are seven (7) Board of Trustees (BOT) elected and from among the Trustees they vote amongst themselves the President, Vice President Secretary, Treasurer and Auditor, Immediate Past president and 1 Director . The term of office is one (1) year beginning from January 1 and ends on Dec 31.
- PAHA is an affiliate member of the Philippine Veterinary Medical Association (PVMA) which is the accredited veterinary organization by the Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC). The PVMA is a member of the Federation of Asian Veterinary Association(FAVA) and the World Veterinary Association (WVA).
- PAHA is the Vice Chairman seat for 2015-2016. PAHA is regular member of the Department of Agriculture Committee on Animal Welfare (DA-CAW). The DA-CAW was formed to assist the Secretary of the Department of Agriculture to create policies on Animal Welfare. The formation of the committee is sanctioned by Republic Act 8485 commonly known as the Animal Welfare Act of 1998.
- PAHA has been given a seat at the National Rabies Prevention and Control Committee (NRPCC) which is the core group of the National elimination committee for Rabies, to include veterinarians in the private practice to be part of the National Rabies Campaign.
- Member of World Small Animal Veterinary Association (WSAVA) since 2008.
- Member of the Federation of Asian Small Animal Veterinary Associations (FASAVA) since 2009.
- Member of the Asia Oceania Veterinary Group (AOVG).